Monday, August 6, 2012

The OPS Alligators

As an NL loyalist who is deeply suspicious of constant interleague play as the first step to implementing the DH across all of baseball, I've put together a puzzle below to honor those pitchers who take their hitting duties seriously.  There are four pitchers below - each of them has a better and worse OPS (non-adjusted) than a member of the position player pool.  Be the first to correctly fill in all the blanks to win a prize.  For example, at a .581 OPS on the season Jordan Zimmermann sports a better mark than Orlando Hudson (.575), but is a few points below league-favorite John Buck (.591):

Orlando Hudson < Jordan Zimmermann < John Buck


The pitchers:

_________ < Jaime Garcia < __________

_________ < Cole Hamels < __________

_________ < Mike Leake < __________

_________ < Stephen Strasburg < __________


'Less than' player pool:
Melky Cabrera
Todd Helton
Nyer Morgan
Scott Rolen

'Greater than' player pool:
Ryan Braun
Ryan Howard
Jordan Schafer
Chris Young

2 comments:

  1. Rolen<Garcia<Howard
    Tony Plush<Hamels<Jordan Schafer
    Todd Helton<Mike Leake<Chris Young
    Leche<Stephen Strasburg<Hebrew Hammer

    I love the players you picked. They can each be put in one of two categories: Sims loves 'em or Sims hates 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably could have made a more interesting game than that. I'll come back strong, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete