The players on this list
have muscles all around.
They got them by syringe,
and now they're sorrow-bound.
I've listed season totals
of hitters' bags by four.
You'd think with all that juicing
F.P. would have hit more.
So match the season totals
with the cheater's dirty name,
and don't appeal to Baseball Ref,
or tarnish our fair game.
1. 16, 25, 24, 19, 33, 25, 34, 46, 37, 33, 42, 40, 37, 34, 49, 73, 46, 45, 45, 5, 26, 28
2. 6, 20, 20, 27, 33, 43, 38, 41, 41, 12, 32, 37, 14, 32, 13, 6, 13, 1
3. 2, 3, 10, 12 20, 5
4. 0, 1, 4, 0, 0, 26, 33, 25, 13, 3
5. 4, 5, 10, 2, 33, 20, 27, 16, 42, 21, 22, 34, 43, 36, 25, 39, 36, 34, 6, 25, 19, 10
6. 0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 3, 1, 4, 2, 1
I'm still working on this...
ReplyDeleteI give up. Can we get answers?
ReplyDeleteThe 73 is Bonds. My guess is the Giambino for 2. I just looked it up and was right. I swear I guessed that before doing it. Are Palmeiro, Ortiz, or Manny on the list? I don't think FP is up there - either too many seasons or too many HRs. I expected to see Schafer on the list, but I see too many seasons up there for him. I was also hoping for a Brady Anderson sighting to further celebrate the success of the O's this season.
I also enjoyed the poem. Strong work.
Sorry I am late to this. I can't even remember all the rest. Little Giambi is #3. Jack Cust is up there. And I think Gary Bennett just cause he's a favorite of mine.
ReplyDelete