The guy is easily my favorite non-Phillie in the league right now. I seriously love everything about this kid. His talent, the way he doesn't give a crap, the way he hustles unnecessarily hard just to stick it in the faces of the people who think hes a prima donna. And now, hes added on giving solid interview.
Its Bryce's world, we're just living in it...
Go ahead Barry Larkin, keep telling us how you'd rather have Trout than Harper because you met him, and think hes a good kid. Great insight there on Baseball Tonight...
You can't be much better offensively than what Trout and Harper are doing. Any team would love to have either, but Harper is killing the majors immediately upon his arrival, something Trout didn't do last year. That being said, again, you can't do much better than Trout is doing this season, a point that renders comments on last season a bit moot. It's hard to get worked up about it (even though I might pretend to) just because it's like arguing over whether you want a Maserati or a Lamborghini. At some level, it doesn't really matter.
Here I am trying to throw bombs, and Sims brings in this conciliatory message like he's David Brooks or something.
Trout's faster. Harper has more power. Trout's better defensively if only because he plays center more, and outfield arm strength is probably overrated. I base that last assessment on no studies whatsoever. I've not seen Trout play much, but it sure would be a treat to be able to follow either one of those guys for the next 10 years.
This Harper or Trout question could tear apart the fabric of this league. Trout's AL, so we might avoid it, but I think it's possible.
ReplyDeleteTeam Trout here.
You can't be much better offensively than what Trout and Harper are doing. Any team would love to have either, but Harper is killing the majors immediately upon his arrival, something Trout didn't do last year. That being said, again, you can't do much better than Trout is doing this season, a point that renders comments on last season a bit moot. It's hard to get worked up about it (even though I might pretend to) just because it's like arguing over whether you want a Maserati or a Lamborghini. At some level, it doesn't really matter.
ReplyDeleteHere I am trying to throw bombs, and Sims brings in this conciliatory message like he's David Brooks or something.
ReplyDeleteTrout's faster. Harper has more power. Trout's better defensively if only because he plays center more, and outfield arm strength is probably overrated. I base that last assessment on no studies whatsoever. I've not seen Trout play much, but it sure would be a treat to be able to follow either one of those guys for the next 10 years.