I was lucky enough to catch a AAA game in Rochester last weekend. The Red Wings were out of town, but Rochester is also hosting the Empire State Yankees home games this season. That meant I got to see Jack Cust and Russell Branyan hit 4 and 5 in the Yankees lineup.
It was pure bliss.
I don't follow the Yankees very closely, but I imagine both players will get some at bats for the big league club this season (it will be Branyan's 12th different team), and we can guess the type of lines they'll put up.
Here was Jack Cust's line last Friday night: 1-4 1HR 1BB 3K. Of course he played DH because I'm pretty sure Jack Cust does not own a glove.
There's nothing slower than Jack Cust's walk back to the dugout after a strikeout. He stares at his shoes as they drag through the grass, and for those 15 seconds, the earth stops spinning.
Branyan also hit a home run on the first pitch he saw. It was one of the loudest things I've heard.
That's awesome. God bless minor league baseball.
ReplyDelete