Do you hear that splash?
That's the sound of starting pitchers dropping back into the free agent pool. Man, it's rough out there.
Johan Santana, Jair Jurrgens, James McDonald, Trevor Bauer (who went to Triple-A), Travis Wood, and Bud Norris (who is not the man pictured) were hammered in their last start(s) and promptly waived by their fantasy teams.The last one kind of hurts a little.
It's getting ugly in Houston. So ugly, in fact, that the crossword puzzle world is starting to notice. In this week's Inkwell puzzle, ASTRO was the answer to the following clue: "NL player certain to be traded midseason, if he's any good".
I dispute the notion that I dropped Bud promptly. That's hurtful. You know he's one of my guys. Before his solid start yesterday, he had lost seven straight games (not just the team, he was credited with seven straight losses to his record) dating back to May. Over that time, he gave up 34 ER in 34.1 innings. I want to be that guy who sticks with someone through thick and thin (like Larry David, I want people to think of me as the guy who keeps the captain company), but this was getting out of hand.
ReplyDeleteWould you say the Astros this season are more like the Titanic or the Lusitania?
ReplyDelete