Friday, March 22, 2013

Long May You Run

The player who has the longest consecutive tenure with his current club is Mariano Rivera. He was acquired by the Yankees in 1990. There are twelve other players who were acquired in the year 2000 or earlier and have been with their current club since then. 

Who are they?

7 comments:

  1. I found 8 and i'm stuck without cheating and finding the list on Baseball-Reference.com

    Jeter - Yankees
    Helton - Rockies
    Morneau - Twins
    Konerko - White Sox
    Utley - Phillies
    Molina, Y - Cardinals
    Roberts - Orioles
    McGowan - Blue Jays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Jeff Conine still with the Marlins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all correct. There are a couple more Phils. And the last two are from the NL Central.

    I used mlbdepthcharts.com to assemble the list. That site is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy Rollins with the Phillies

    I'm not sure on the others. Corey Hart maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes on Rollins. Yes on Corey Hart.

    There are two more. One was signed from the DR and the other was signed from Panama.

    In other news: Cargo left tonight's spring training game with allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have distinct memories of complaining about Jim Thome blocking Ryan Howard in the early 2000s with John at Villanova. I just looked it up now and he was drafted in 2001. Damn it. I also remember 2006 when Howard hit well over .300, including .280 off of lefties. I remember a lot of things that don't hold any particular relevance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlos Ruiz, 1998
    Carlos Marmol, 1999

    Both were international signings.

    ReplyDelete