Sunday, April 15, 2012

There's no joy in PETCO

My team dropped back below .500 today. The Phils are throwing Juan Pierre out there to bat leadoff. The Nationals gave up 3 in the top of the 11th today.

But at least we ain't following the Padres.

Not only do they get feasted upon by the Dodgers early in the year and have to wear those silly camouflage unis on Sundays (they were in Chavez Ravine today), but they somehow manage to bunt into triple plays.


Dale Scott's the loser in this one. He eventually got the call right (it was fair), but he deked all of the Padres runners first. I guess he'll claim that he didn't signal a foul ball, but Vin Scully saw him do it, and no one can fool Vin Scully.

1 comment:

  1. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to divine whether a 'foul' call creates an automatic dead ball situation. After some research, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't. It seems like it should, though. Umpires are the worst.

    ReplyDelete