1. Jordan Schafer - Team of Density. I'm a sucker for the 'highly regarded prospect getting another shot with a second - and usually lesser - organization' story line. (Even though Lastings Milledge did his worst to taint that narrative for me.)
2. Chase Headley - Marginal Futility. I knew he'd come through! Chase has been accumulating stats in my team log since maybe 2007 (?), but at the latest 2008. Man, this is sweet.
3. The Cardinals - Carlos Beltran and Rafael Furcal (John Buck All-Stars), Kyle Lohse (-----MendozaLine----), Lance Lynn (Take Back ECB). The rejuvenating power of the St. Louis Cardinals knows no bounds when Rafael Furcal can hit .360 for even a few weeks in 2012. Carlos Beltran hasn't looked this good since sporting Royal blue, Kyle Lohse has NEVER looked this good, and then as long as things are a bit nutty why not throw Lance Lynn in there, too. I'm attributing all of this to Dave Duncan. I don't care that he's not there anymore. Also, if these inexplicable performances continue think about all of the 'Cardinals fans are the best in baseball' articles we're staring at to try to explain this. They need to fail. They just do. Maybe I'm being uncharitable, though. Lohse has had a few good starts over the years.
I loved the heck out of that Lance Lynn start. It had so much going for it.
ReplyDelete1. Jim Joyce calling balls and strikes.
2. Lead-off, stand-up, inside-the-park home run by Alex Presley.
3. On previously mentioned play, Skip Schumaker (baseball's liver) runs into the wall on his first play back from the DL and is promptly replaced by Komatsu.
4. Charlie Morton as opposing pitcher (I really didn't think Lance Lynn had a prayer).
5. Lance Lynn's highlight on mlb.com was the Head and Shoulders Mane Men highlight of the day. I was hoping it was because he has nice locks, but in looking at the other Head and Shoulder highlights, I don't think there's a correlation. Which is a shame, because we all need to take notice of the great hair that's all over mlb right now. Brandon Crawford is doing something magic out in SF.
And I still hate the Cardinals. I like Carlos Beltran enough to be able to stomach having him on his roster, but I'm actively rooting against Furcal, so I can drop him. Ah heck, he'll be on the DL by the end of the month, anyways.