Every Opening Day is special, but I'm going to remember this one particularly fondly: John Lannan starts the season in AAA Syracuse!
 |
| The beard did not help his cause. |
Can a trade be far behind? I hope not because this feels kind of like a zombie movie where the heroes all take a moment to breathe a sigh of relief and say 'thank God that's over' right before a zombie hand comes crashing through the window by their heads. This intrepid baseball observer is keeping his head on a swivel until Lannan is with another organization.
Speaking of which, if he winds up on the Rockies the customized j-shirts are on me, James, Curt, and Megan:
 |
| A steal at twice the price. |
he's a legit option for our rotation . . keep the jshirt i have enough rags.
ReplyDeleteAs evidenced by the Rockies' starting pitcher today, they will throw anyone out there. They're most interested in the narrative, so Lannan needs to work in some sort of inspiring back story.
ReplyDeleteUpdate: Ok. I just learned that Lannan got tossed in his first MLB start. My heart is starting to warm to the guy.