We're building "a heightened sensitivity and a noticing capacity." We're pilgrims on life's labyrinthine base paths, elevating each swing and miss to divine levels. Our saints are Tommy Dean, Desi Relaford, Alex Cora, Ryan Doumit, and Oliver Perez. Our sacred text is the score book, and we're trying to stay afloat in the deep and murky waters of commentary and heresy that is the internet.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Hello Pilgrims
We're not just playing a game based on a game here.
We're building "a heightened sensitivity and a noticing capacity." We're pilgrims on life's labyrinthine base paths, elevating each swing and miss to divine levels. Our saints are Tommy Dean, Desi Relaford, Alex Cora, Ryan Doumit, and Oliver Perez. Our sacred text is the score book, and we're trying to stay afloat in the deep and murky waters of commentary and heresy that is the internet.
I was trying for the opening scene about 108 beads in a rosary, but this one's short and I think it's clean.
We're building "a heightened sensitivity and a noticing capacity." We're pilgrims on life's labyrinthine base paths, elevating each swing and miss to divine levels. Our saints are Tommy Dean, Desi Relaford, Alex Cora, Ryan Doumit, and Oliver Perez. Our sacred text is the score book, and we're trying to stay afloat in the deep and murky waters of commentary and heresy that is the internet.
Labels:
blasphemy,
bull durham,
score book,
tommy dean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
embarrassingly I have never seen Bull Durham, 8 Men Out or The Natural. What else should be considered the "canon" of baseball cinema?
ReplyDelete'Major League' has to be in there. Also, 'For Love of the Ga'- just kidding.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the article it was a good read. For me, if you're going to walk the mystical path of baseball and still think it culminates in October instead of a Tuesday evening in August then I don't know what to tell you, except that I don't think you get it.
ReplyDeleteTruer words have never been spoken than what you said about Tuesday nights in August. That should be carved into a wall somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI love almost all baseball movies, including "Mr. Baseball." I know it's not the best, but I'm a sucker for Tom Sellack. Plus, Dennis Haysbert (aka Pedro Cerrano) is in it. "Bull Durham" is number one. "Field of Dreams" is great. How about "Bad News Bears"? That movie is incredible!
Curt what about Mr. 3000 . . really?
ReplyDelete