Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pay to See

Someone just made a poor life decision.
There are good players and then there are the players you pay to see.  Over the years, I've paid to see hitting, pitching, and even a little bit of running (I would buy a ticket for the possibility of a Jose Reyes triple).  Rick Ankiel is the first player I would pay to see throw.  Seriously, it's [expletive] amazing.

You don't run on Rick Ankiel.

I'm too young for Jesse Barfield and I never saw Vlad Guerrero in his prime, but I dunno.  It's pretty awesome to see.

Addendum:  So I see the Ankiel highlight made it to the barren wasteland known as Grantland.  Damn it.  Also, in case anyone questions throwing it on a fly to the plate, Rick Ankiel regularly throws strikes to home plate because Rick Ankiel doesn't care:



That being said, he'll one-hop it if he has to:

3 comments:

  1. I paid money last night to see Country Joe West call balls and strikes.

    Thank you for not showing the video of Ankiel killing the Rox back in 2010 (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. In his mind we all pay to watch him call balls and strikes. In reality, now he has one. Which is one more than has ever paid to hear him sing.

    Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sims...Stop stealing material from Bill Simmons.

    ReplyDelete