I guess if you want to analyze the percentage of swinging strikes Drew Pomeranz is getting on his changeup, pitch f/x is a pretty cool tool. My favorite use, though, is to look up strike calls that I found particularly galling or were the catalyst for an ejection. Because I'm like that.
Anyway, Buck Showalter (a personal favorite) recently got tossed by Angel Campos for arguing balls and strikes. The first pitch below is what did it:
One of the many, many reasons I love baseball is check out where the second pitch was located. Classic veteran pitcher move. Love it.
There goes Curt's month of June . .
ReplyDeleteThere's gotta be a site out there that links to all these ejection videos that's sortable by Ump, Stadium, Manager, Ejection Cause, etc. right?
If there's not, that needs to be rectified. And I know just the people to do it...
ReplyDelete